Search the forum,

Discuss Tribune HE 180 indirect problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vman

Hi
Looking for a bit of advice, in a 4 year old new build with a Potterton promax SL boiler and Tribune HE 180 indirect water tank.
The water tank always sounds as though it is in operation even when the boiler is not on. The electric immersion switch is also switched off.
The pump is always absolutely scorching to touch and the two motorised valves have a very slight vibration when touched as though they are in operation and the cupboard where it is situated is like a sauna. The motorised valves are Danfoss and have two settings, auto and manual - they are both set at auto.
Is this normal?
I thought that the pump should only heat up when the timer switches on, which is set for one hour in the morning and one in the evening, and should be much cooler to the touch out with these times.
Thanks

The pump is wired incorrectly or you have a faulty motorised valve... Call a heating engineer

Yes I agree with Gassafe there could be several problems going on there . Yes your valves should be on auto .

My not be a wiring or motorised head fault, Range Tribune used zone valve heads that had the manual overide slot on the bottom and when that valve is open it can locked in the manual overide position by accident . They are now using Honeywell Valves so this is not a problem. If the valve has a white body with black bottom this could be the problem.
I worked on a new build Estate and happened a lot on Heating or hot water.

But being as it's an unvented cylinder you cannot touch it by law, this especially includes the associated controls and valves.

You need a heating engineer with a G3 ticket.

Here endeth the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tribune HE 180 indirect problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Range Tribune HE, not heating hot water. Motorised valve keeps closing and water luke warm. Is the dual temperature probe broken
Replies
Views
Neil Pengilly
N
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock