Search the forum,

Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills (Again!!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msec

Hi everyone,

I know there have been a few threads on t4ts, however I have recently signed with them and feel that I am a slightly different case to most of their other students. I am currently a self employed sparks and looking to expand my business. My question is wether I can be trained to an adequate standard?
Obviously my reputation is essential to me and I won't be doing any bodges or work I'm unsure of. I feel that as a sparks with 11 years experience, I stand a much better chance than most as I already have a lot of the practical skills needed, a tradesmans approach to the work environment, a working knowledge of building regs, not to mention working alongside plumbers everyday. I even have access to work experience through a plumber I regularly use (though unpaid).
TBH the recognition of the qualifications are not as important to me as being competently able to do the work, as I will never be applying for plumbers jobs. I also understand that this course will not make me a quality plumber overnight as part p electrical courses have shown in my game.
I have so many avenues for plumbing work through my existing customer base, I honestly belieive I could double my yearly turnover, so would love this to work out. I would love to hear other peoples opinions.
Thanks

No. It won't make you a plumber.

It will give you the qualifications to do the plumbing work but as you know in your electrics, a course will not teach you practical solutions.

I've had some reasonable experience plumbing before I did the course and quickly realised that plumbing in a HW Cylinder in the courses 'airing room' is not the same as in the tight space in a house, flooring easily lifted and putting CH in one room, simulating a house just doesn't cut it.

however it does let you make the basic mistakes in an area with concrete flooring and you do learn technique and best practice rather than the bad ones I had learnt. It will let you start out doing teh basic plumbing jobs but as you know its the experience on top that make it worthwhile.

good luck, Antony.

Thanks for the advice Hoodedclaw, was it the t4ts course that you did? If so how did you find it overall?

Hi Msec, no - I went through Trade Qualified, they differed in the exams (T4T all logic and open book I think?) and some of the course, but are a few grand cheaper.

Hi Balvo, you were actually on the t4ts course? If so how far are you along?

Just bumping this to bring all contributors to the attention of all the threads we have on our forums about Train 4 Trade Skills.

There have been A LOT of people who feel they have been missold courses by Train 4 Trade Skills. Many taking legal action.

Please see this for electrical course threads on our sparky forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958
This for plumbing course threads on our plumbing forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills (Again!!) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock