Discuss Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have an install coming up where I need to run a new gas carcass about 15metres. I need it to run along the floor at ground level and then it will need to go up the corner of a wall to the 1st floor of the building. It will be boxed in and so am wondering how tight are the bends you can pull with this stuff? As I need it to be as tight as possible to minimise the size of boxing required?

i see they do not sell elbows for this piping, so it must be pretty tight am thinking. I have been wanting to try this stuff for a while now and I can see my opportunity

so pretty good then?? Just saw the price of the tracpipe to copper fittings....OUCH!!!!

Good thing with tracpipe is you can run it underground then practically to where you want it, Especially if it's being boxed in.

Just make sure the boxing is properly ventilated!

the duct will only be 150mmx50mm. A skirting board really so it does not require venting. Or is it best practice to vent any way? Also, in a horizontal duct, where would you put the vents if they were required?

the duct will only be 150mmx50mm. A skirting board really so it does not require venting. Or is it best practice to vent any way? Also, in a horizontal duct, where would you put the vents if they were required?

Christ knows! lol

I may have had my commercial head on then but I think it would be good practice to vent all ductwork containing a gas pipe.

Never used Trac pipe. I'd be interested to hear how you got on with it.

from your description, Id just use copper if its along a floor and up a wall, cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tracpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock