Search the forum,

Discuss TR2 Room Thermostat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an old room thermostat TR2 , was fitted by BG along with the RD532i combi boiler ( worcester bosch Benchmark type ), do i need to replace the thermostat for an exact same make & model ( TR2 ) or can I replace with a more accurate LED display type ?? ( new TR2 seem's to be approx £100 , expensive for a room stat ! )

No it doesn’t have to be like for like. Safely remove the cover of the thermostat 1st to check how many wires are inside, I’ve known them to be 2 wire, which you would be better suited to a 2 wire thermostat. This is to keep temperature swings at bay.

Please do not remove the cover on the boiler unless you’re a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe in the uk) as this forms part of the combustion circuit.

Honeywell 6360b as you might not have a neutral at the stat

Reply to TR2 Room Thermostat in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock