Discuss Tpi on Honeywell room thermostats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
HELP Tpi on Honeywell room thermostats

Hi all
i have fitted two of these in the last week or so when doing a boiler change . Both customers have said that since then the heating takes longer to heat up. when I saw the rep a few months back he said that the new fangled tpi built into the stat turns the boiler off every 10 minutes for 10 minutes. This then makes the condensing boiler cool down and then work hard when re-firing, thus it will condense more.

In practice the heating just gets warmer slower. So what I have done for now is alter the pump overrun to 15 minutes from 5. This has helped a lot, but I really would like to disable the function on these 2 jobs but can't remember how to do it. ( not in instructions)

hope someone knows.
also they should mention in the instructions to extend the pump overrun, otherwise the boiler won't cool.

Last edited:
Honeywell are on a slippery slope to hell. Why not fit weather comp on boiler? Keep flow below 63 and it's condensing 90% of time.

Does anyone know a reps number as I can't seem to find anything on the Internet ?

Rang rep today and left a message.
No return call.

does anyone know how to dissable the tpi or optimisation (think is the same sequence of buttons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tpi on Honeywell room thermostats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock