Discuss Tools Needed to be a Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What-ever makes the job easey Ive been at it for over 30 years and still keep buying tools but invest in good pump pliers at least 2 paires Barco expensive but worth the cost

My favourite tool is my 18v makita angle grinder use it for everything

Removing old rusted screws. Cutting flues. Stripping out. Cutting tops of cylinders and then storing all scrap inside. And various others

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 items of kit I have that make life easier are a wet/dry vac I got from Wickes for under ÂŁ50 and also bought a combined filter so you don't have to change over between wet and dry jobs! I've also got a Fein Multimaster (bit of a luxury) very helpful but genuine blades aren't cheap, there is cheaper makes about.

With the wet and dry vac, does anybody get this out first on every single job and make sure it is plugged in, just for those runs that are impossible to get the water out through draining alone and if doing a bathroom does anybody suck all the water out of the pipes to ensure that there is absolutely none in there, I have tried this but always end up sitting there for what feels like forever and end up giving up.

Problem I find is that on the heating you may have 1 or 2 radiators downstairs which are on seperate runs and will end up coming through when using wet and dry vac. and the hot water cylinder is obviously full and stick a hoover on it will suck all of that water out.

However there is nothing worse then trying to solder onto a bit of pipe that has water on it.

and finnally Gate valves, if they don't shut properly, you can find yourself spending days sucking it away, with no joy, but I guess that is a different issue all together

Problem I find is that on the heating you may have 1 or 2 radiators downstairs which are on seperate runs and will end up coming through when using wet and dry vac. and the hot water cylinder is obviously full and stick a hoover on it will suck all of that water out.

However there is nothing worse then trying to solder onto a bit of pipe that has water on it.

and finnally Gate valves, if they don't shut properly, you can find yourself spending days sucking it away, with no joy, but I guess that is a different issue all together

Wouldn't be without my head lamp torch.

Had this problem the other day drained the cwst down still water kept coming through as I had worked on the house before and will go back for other jobs spent a bit of time replacing the gate valves with lever valves.

Wouldn't have done this though if the customer wasn't a returning customer. Due to the extra cost.

my favourite tool is my loveslave, hours of entertainment costing me money, as he falls through ceilings, causing biblical floods and leaving trails of black sludge on cream shagpile, still he makes a good cuppa and doesnt mind wearing a gimp mask when he gets a good thrashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tools Needed to be a Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, would be extremely grateful for any advice on the following. I'm installing a bathroom (shower, toilet and sink) in my summer house. It has...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock