Discuss Toilets continuously refilling after boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hang on a second, we’re your toilets actually fed from a cold water storage cistern?
Or was the cistern just feeding the hot water storage tank?
Have you got a pressure reducing valve on the incoming main? Has it been adjusted recently?

If they turned your cold mains off. They may have opened it back up too far. Try reducing it back slightly.

That'll only change how fast the valves are passing water, not actually stop it from happening, if high pressure is causing the valves to pass water. Adjusting the stopcock will only affect flow rate.

Sorry, thought I would come back and update this thread. I bought the new fill valves that Best recommended and when fit it completely solved the problem with all 4 toilets so I'm happy. Cheers and thanks for the advice.

Reply to Toilets continuously refilling after boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock