Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet running intermittently in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

This is a new fault, it's was installed about 5 years ago & was fine up until recently.
We have Fluidmaster valves in two upstairs and one downstairs toilet cisterns. Recently, when we were away from home,our neighbour messaged us to say water was “pouring” out of an upstairs overflow.
I asked a key holder to flush the cisterns but the cistern refilled and overflowed again.
When we got home I was told that the Mains supply and been turned off in our road for repair work.
I could not get the valves to close other than by turning up the flow on our mains stop tap.
That meant that the cistern valves were not as effective at low flow/ pressure.
Maybe that is happening with the OP, the mains flow/ pressure is down and opening a downstairs tap is reducing the flow/ pressure to the cistern valve upstairs.
I would try turning the mains stop tap up a little to increase the flow/ pressure.

Reply to Toilet running intermittently in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, would greatly appreciate some pointers Toilet downstairs drains slowly. First floor toilet causes bath to reflux water and make noise...
Replies
Views
Hi, as is the toilet my toilet once flashed just keeps running when I move the blue float up-and-down The toilet will stop running and refil as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
Evening all! Looking for a bit of help. Today my downstairs toilet gurgled when I put the tap on in the bathroom, The toilet filled and became...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock