Discuss toilet pan fixing screw sleeve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

hi i am sick of paying £5 for a pan fixing fischer screw kit and only end up using the plastic tapered sleeves as the screws are either to long or short . does anyone know where i could just get the plastic sleeves from

ant

i would also like to know this?? no cheapo carp, good strong materials only......... mr fischer,mr screwfix etc........ come on get it sorted out!!

hi i am sick of paying £5 for a pan fixing fischer screw kit and only end up using the plastic tapered sleeves as the screws are either to long or short . does anyone know where i could just get the plastic sleeves from

ant

These days the customer has usually bought their gear on-line - I tell them to make sure there is the following:

Bette or similar quality bath pop-up (reduce risk of leak!)
Wc pan fixing screws or bolts
Basin fixing bolts

These will always be required, so get customer to supply them.

In the old days we used brass screws (3 inch 12s or similar). But I agree with OP in terms of using fisher fixing bolts which are better.

The Roca stainless screws with chromed bolt heads are also decent, but these will be £5 or there abouts.

I'm finished with buying overpriced Fischer from Scewfix, for pans I use Goldscrews with white plastic cover caps and cut down sleeves from any random hammer/frame fixer lying around.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with all of you. But why get so worked up about paying for them, surely you pass the cost on to the customer.

I'm finished with buying overpriced Fischer from Scewfix, for pans I use Goldscrews with white plastic cover caps and cut down sleeves from any random hammer/frame fixer lying around.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ideal standard toilets used to come with a strip of plastic screw washers and covers i used to save the left overs of these . the screw caps and washers i have seen in shops etc are not as big as these ones in screwfix are tiny.

I sometimes use the plastic feet off old bath legs when stripping them out. The screwed rod can be fixed through a partition as well if access allows. Otherwise M8/M10 Stainless Steel coach bolts with 10mm/14mm rawl plugs or screwed into a timber dwang, or M10 Anchor bolts are very cheap and much more secure. Both are tightened with a socket wrench.

Coach Screws A2 Stainless Steel M10 x 70mm Pack of 10 | NoLinkingToThis

Shield Anchor Bolt Type 10 x 68mm Drill Size 16 Pack of 5 | NoLinkingToThis

You can buy these anchor bolts in larger packets than this and for much cheaper too.

I don't like the plastic cover things, they get soaked in urine, go yellow and then snap off leaving a place for bacteria live. Nor do I like the idea of coach bolts.

Sanitus means health, and sanitary appliances must be cleanable.

Just a tip on this. If you are screwing in brass pan screws or stainless bolts, dip the end of the screw in silicone lube - this gives you much more control over the tension of the screw, and helps to avoid cracking the pan through over-screwing.

Just a tip on this. If you are screwing in brass pan screws or stainless bolts, dip the end of the screw in silicone lube - this gives you much more control over the tension of the screw, and helps to avoid cracking the pan through over-screwing.
Just use a couple of rubber tap washers on the screw followed by a stainless steel washer and the pan never cracks or better still never moves. The screw heads can be covered by a silver cup washer for appearance if required.

Galvanised or A2 rubber bonded washers with A2 screws for me. I use them to fix WC cold water cisterns to the wall too. Does the job.

25670.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet pan fixing screw sleeve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock