Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet outlet height : soil pipe connection height will be level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WHoops

In the middle of replacing low level toilet (there for about 30 years) with close coupled loo.

The pan outlet is about 350mm distance to the soil stack on a 90 degree bend to the left

Just discovered that the original new toilet I chose the pan outlet is lower than the soil outlet. It will be a pain to rejig the soil stack so i want to get a new loo with higher outlet

I'm looking at the Twyfords 'Visit' loo as it has a horizontal outlet centred 190mm. I also measured (with difficulty as it is connected) that the soil connection is also about 190mm high.

I can't find any other half decent modern looking loos with a higher outlet then 190mm

Not sure how high the outlet was on the original old loo...but twyfords do a similar looking loo with the outlet at 190mm; the same as the 'Visit' loo. The original has worked without problem for many years

Do you think I will have any problems with the "Visit" loo without any further adjustments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use some 3/4" hardwood ply and cut same shape as base of pan. Then allows you to use pan of choice rather than making do with something you possibly don't like.

I thought about putting a plinth under the first toilet I ordered which outlet is 180mm, 10mm lower, but discounted it because I would rather not use a plinth if i don't have to because it will probably look bad.

Spending another £200 or so on another loo 10mm higher and still put a plinth under it doesn't feel right.

I may as well stick with the first loo and put a slightly higher plinth in.

So can I get away with just the 190mm outlet loo with no plinth?

Cheers

I see it a lot, some have what I can only describe as 2 steps where the lower part is wider than the pan by 25mm and the top section by 5-8mm, probably done with a router but look really good when varnished.

Akw make purposes made pan plinths, but may not suit the shape of your toilet. What floor do you have? Maybe a new tiled floor will give you the 10mm lift you want.

Aren't the standard measurements 185mm?

With the pan you bought, could you not bed it on mortar to give you the few millimetres of height you need.
If you do this, the trick is to scratch out some of the mortar around the edge of the base when it is almost dry. Then you put some tile grout in the gap to suit the existing grout.

Hi Oz

Do you mean the standard measurements of toilet outlets?
I have see various toilet outlets marked at 180, 185 and 190 centres; one at 195 which was for a high level flush.

Thanks for suggestion about mortar

The floor is ply. is it still ok to put mortar on ply?
I was then going to put vinyl down

Thanks Awheating for your reply

In hindsight, tiled floor would help

But the sink is already fitted and don't want to refit

Will there be any issues tiling after the sink is fitted? The sink will be lower to the user, also bath panel adjustments......not sure

For me the question is

1) WOuld the old low level toilet (probably a twyfords) have been centred at 190mm 30 years ago like it is at the present day. (now dumped so cannot measure)

2) Old loo wooked well with the outlet height as is. If point (1) above is true, then can I expect the 'Visit' loo with same height outlet to perform OK without raising it with a plinth or other method, unless point (3) below is a problem.

3) With the old low level loo, the soil pipe at the outlet took a more gracious 90 degree turn because of the extra projection of the pan, then the close couple toilet 90 degree turn pipe i would have to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet outlet height : soil pipe connection height will be level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock