Discuss Toilet leaking and refilling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Does it still do it when the lid is off the cistern?

If not then the button is probably pushing down and holding the valve partially open, adjust the height of the valve downwards or shorten the rods from the button.

If it does do it with lid off ignore the above!

Does it still do it when the lid is off the cistern?

If not then the button is probably pushing down and holding the valve partially open, adjust the height of the valve downwards or shorten the rods from the button.

If it does do it with lid off ignore the above!
Good point if a recent install, always worth checking out though.

Looking at your photo it looks like one of the ideal standard flush valves.
As mentioned take a look at the rubber washer for limescale. If need be replace it sometimes the rubber blisters and no longer holds. The flush valve should remove with a quarter turn.
The push button is not adjustable on these as it has a big plastic flat piece on it rather than rods.
With the cistern lid off just make sure the inlet valve isn’t constantly running and water is going down the internal overflow.

Reply to Toilet leaking and refilling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Good morning. I’m not a plumber but a homeowner trying to figure out an issue with an old steam unit. Basically, we bought an old house a little...
Replies
Views
I’d be grateful for some guidance on the best way to fix a leak from my toilet. The leak doesn’t come from the toilet so presuming it’s the seal...
Replies
Views
I had a water leak in the toilet overnight, broken washer in the fixing, had a plumber come and fix it, but it was leaking probably a good 10...
Replies
Views
Hi All, On Thursday there was a water leake a few steets away from us And we had no water most of the day. About 10 minutes before my neigbour...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock