Discuss Toilet Flush Button Stuck in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
For a while now one of my flush buttons on the toilet has started sticking down and so it just continues flushing. I can get it to pop back up by wiggling it around a bit but this is starting to get quite annoying.
Is there any part of the system I could easily replace myself that would fix this?

IMG_2232 (2).JPG

Best to replace the flush as I’ve never seen that type/make before

I normally fit fluidmaster

Yes only difference is some are 2” others are 1.5” but the fluidmaster normally comes with an adapter for both

I have never seen that sort of arrangement before. That is a flapper valve. If you disconnect the small tube from the valve in the middle will the toilet still fill? Just check the small tube doesn't have any holes in it. It looks like when the fill valve fills the cistern the tube may help to close the flush and lift the buttons back up.

This looks like yours.
Thank you, yes that definitely looks like mine, although I can't find anyone actually selling them or one like it?.
Should I disconnect the one end of that tube and just try flushing again to test it?

You could disconnect the tube, if the cistern fills ok you could just replace the flush valve. But I think I would replace both as you could well be in the same boat in the future. If you do, make sure you buy a fill valve with a brass tail.

It’s a trap primer found mostly on the American side let’s water through after a flush

You shouldn’t need one so just any push button siphon should do etc

You would need to replace both fill and flush valves

Reply to Toilet Flush Button Stuck in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock