Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet flange not bolted to the floor in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nate n

Hello all. I am totally new to this, so any help would be appreciated.

We had a toilet leak, so I pulled out the toiled to see/replace the wax ring. I see the metal ring around the flange was rusted. And It was not bolted to the floor below. I believe I see concrete underneath, but I see a lot of holes, such that the ring cannot be bolted. What should I do in this case? Couple questions:

Images here: https://*********/a/EDQasf7

A) Is the blue ring look okay to reuse? Or does it need to be replaced? I can freely rotate it, but it is glued to the flange in the middle. Not sure I have the tools to take it out.

B) Should I pursue bolting it to the floor or just install everything back without it?

C) what are my options to bolt the ring to the floor? pour some hydraulic cement or something? Can we use those around PVC?

thank you.

Reply to Toilet flange not bolted to the floor in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock