Discuss To Flexi seal or not to Flexi seal in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I've bought an MX Flexi seal to fit to my new shower tray, but after reading more reviews, Im thinking it may be a poor choice.
Do you guys even fit them to your trays or do you not bother and simply silicone around the perimeter of the tray(the gap between the tray and the walls)
If some of you do use a seal strip of some description, which would you recommend?
Ta

No, if included I always throw them away. Why introduce extra surface interfaces, each one is a potential leak, silicone between tray/wall. Then finish walls and silicone between tray/(tiles/boards/whatever)

Reply to To Flexi seal or not to Flexi seal in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have have purchased 3 Mermaid wall panels to replace the tiles in our shower. These panels are 3mm in thickness. After removing the existing...
Replies
Views
The situation is as follows. I have a shower enclosure which is slightly too small for the new shower tray. In a way this works to my advantage. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock