Search the forum,

Discuss Tiger loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning all,
question.
does a tiger loop have to be fitted outside, I have seen somewhere but can't find it now a quote of ' internal-external' which confused me, not hard, but if any one can clarify I would be grateful.
stani

Yes a normal tiger loop is supposed to be fitted externally
But you can get an internal one witch is vented to outside with a pipe out the wall

Thanks Gray that's all I needed to know, on all the MI,s for Tigerloop it says external just got slightly confused when I heard internal. Not seen that one in use anywhere.

Think I read somewhere (perhaps on this forum) that the Gok loop isn't as good as a tigerloop, think because it doesn't vent, so can't remove air? Expensive also.
The Tigerloop Bio is an exact replacement for the ordinary t.loop, except a metal top with a place for a vent pipe to connect to.

Never had a problem with the gok, but it is pricey. I'll have a look at the bio though the next time I need one.

Hi there i use the Gok-deaerator all the time, it vents any gases at the burner nozzle "closed system" so no need to run a breather pipe to vent externally. This saves me a lot of time and hassle so worth paying a few quid extra
Just my opinion!!!

Hi there i use the Gok-deaerator all the time, it vents any gases at the burner nozzle "closed system" so no need to run a breather pipe to vent externally. This saves me a lot of time and hassle so worth paying a few quid extra
Just my opinion!!!
Good point about time saved. Would be better a Gok if the boiler is nowhere near an outside wall for to vent.
My concern is does a Gok work as well as a Tigerloop Bio, because the T,loop removes the air & this should be better for economy & reduce nozzle drip. For that reason I would prefer T,loops where there is no problem putting a vent pipe to outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiger loop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock