Discuss Tiger Loop Condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stripedone

Hi All

I am getting condensation in the glass dome of my tiger loop.
Is the normal or does it indicate a problem?
I thought the tiger loop just sucked the oil through and took out any air.

Thanks.

Mine does that. Looks like you may have some water in the feed pipe which may be a result of water getting in your tank and settling in the bottom. Check the lid and filler are tight although some air must get in the tank to replace the oil being pumped out. You could drain a gallon out of the tank filter or pipe outlet on the tank which should shift any water. Drain it into clear plastic bottles then let it settle to see if there is any water at the bottom.
I don't think a little water is too much of a problem except when too much gets in and freezes which will block the oil flow.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiger Loop Condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Hi I am having problems in the bathroom with condensation when/after taking a shower which is causing mould. I believe I need an extra fan to be...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock