Discuss three showers, one kitechen. what system choose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unfinishedsweet

Hi fellows, I'm thinking what system choose for this house. The priority is the price -> as low as possible. If we assume that the pressure is at least 3 bars will strong Vailant be alright in this case or better would be an bubble? The combi solution is more welcome in that house, so could u mates please suggest an exact model of combi boiler that can handle it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be unhappy specifying any combi to run 3 showers simultaneously. Your only hope is something like a Worcester highflow 550.

Greenstar Highflow 550CDi - Worcester UK Installer area

You'd need to look at using flow restrictors on all the outlets to ensure that you stand a chance of using them together.

I would favour unvented hot water in your case.

Whichever way you go it won't be cheap.

Mike

I mean cheaper solution is combi solution rather than a bubble. The combi boiler could be an expensive high quality Vailant. The thing is to run 3 showers simultaneously. I'm pretty sure that most expensive combi boiler will be cheaper than tank system. Both installation and maintanance, am I right?

if you must have a combi (which is wrong installation for a 3 shower house) then fit a viessman vitodens its a combi but has a 70ltr storage tank inside boiler they are very tall so you may need to check where your siteing the boiler they are around £1600 it should be able to cope with your needs

The mains' pressure is about 4 bars, can't check it other tap open as all ware is removed only one tap left. Hopefully after replacement of mains lead pipe that comes from the street pressure will get even better. There is no space for any cylinder so the most compact solution is welcome.

I would recommend an un-vented cylinder and tank possibly pumps. The serviceing / maintance costs are less then a combi. The biggest combi I would recommend is an Atag 51c which delivers 23 liters per minute but would cost you around £5000 installed and an un-vented system would be about £4000, also with a system in the future at some point the boiler will break down if you have a system at least you have an immersion heater.
Heating and hot water are not important until they don’t work, that is the time when people realize how important they are. I understand that people are on a limited budget but to go the cheap way is... (How can I put it politely) not very intelligent. You would not by a car because it’s cheap (but maybe you do). The intelligent was it to look at the running costs and reliability. The general consensus is that Mercedes cars are very expensive but if you were to buy a 3 year old lower range model and you calculate the costs over a 5 year period they are actually one of the cheapest to own, also when you get in it you know it will start, its more comfortable and had better prestige than a cheep car.
Find a recommended installer and the best boiler.
Spend less money now and you will certainly pay for it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to three showers, one kitechen. what system choose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock