Search the forum,

Discuss Thoughts on todays aggro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Done a llsc at a property today which had been done by a couple different engineers before.
Picked up some usual stuff along with an unsealed flue however upon a gas rate on a logic+ 30 kw i got 27 kw and 11mbar at aplliance.

I double checked with ideal and they said they would not recommend this an to upgrade pipework from 15 mm to 22mm.
Well noted this on cert and decided to AR it .1 , because of flue and 2, because of pipe issue.

Well it kicked right off with the landlord who decided to call gas safe who basically said i was wrong and then procededto scout right through all google listings to study my finding.

The cust asked how come its passed last 5 years and suddenly i have found this ?

The AR for the pipework was just as much because the install was a mess, so im basic querying what the collective would of done here?

What did fga readings say

Flue unsealed ncs if no blow back eg no poc coming back

As for the gas if ratio and others are fine then just note it down recommendation

If gas pressure is adjusting figures then it's ar

Llgsc isn't pass or fail just note down what's wrong

The fga was ok it was one of those shall i AR it or not decided to more to cover myself as you never know.

The black flue seal was on outside however when i had my last gsr inspection with local inspector that was one thing he pointed out. He said always seal under that cover dont get into a bad practice of not sealing it.

The fga was ok it was one of those shall i AR it or not decided to more to cover myself as you never know.

The black flue seal was on outside however when i had my last gsr inspection with local inspector that was one thing he pointed out. He said always seal under that cover dont get into a bad practice of not sealing it.

Yea it's one of those

And there's been a tb since then

Rubber seal outside plastic inside ok

Rubber out plaster inside ok

Cement outside plaster inside ok

What has done my head in here tho is that you try do it properly have a bit of time doing it and you get slaughtered by the customer.

I looked at the previous certs and you could tell its in out 15 minute job

What has done my head in here tho is that you try do it properly have a bit of time doing it and you get slaughtered by the customer.

Yep that's the problem

Last guy pasted and passed from outside now you give a list of faults and your seen as needing work / adding extras

Another spin on this is that this issue has existed since dayit was installed , thus it hasnt been comissioned properly .
Does this then make it an uncommissined appliance...?

Another spin on this is that this issue has existed since dayit was installed , thus it hasnt been comissioned properly .
Does this then make it an uncommissined appliance...?

No as someone has signed it off and it's had a check

Didn’t they change the rules recently and if the flue has a collar externally but is not sealed it is classed as AR?

Only if poc are coming back in

Done a llsc at a property today which had been done by a couple different engineers before.
Picked up some usual stuff along with an unsealed flue however upon a gas rate on a logic+ 30 kw i got 27 kw and 11mbar at aplliance.

I double checked with ideal and they said they would not recommend this an to upgrade pipework from 15 mm to 22mm.
Well noted this on cert and decided to AR it .1 , because of flue and 2, because of pipe issue.

Well it kicked right off with the landlord who decided to call gas safe who basically said i was wrong and then procededto scout right through all google listings to study my finding.

The cust asked how come its passed last 5 years and suddenly i have found this ?

The AR for the pipework was just as much because the install was a mess, so im basic querying what the collective would of done here?
11 mb at appliance, or on appliance gas valve?

At appliance the little test point underneath on the logics.

Wether or not the regs have changed on the flue seal it was fitted about 5 or 6 year ago so i would of thought at that time igbwas fitted AR.

At appliance the little test point underneath on the logics.

Wether or not the regs have changed on the flue seal it was fitted about 5 or 6 year ago so i would of thought at that time igbwas fitted AR.

Did you account for the drop on the test point ?

20 mbar,

This was a llsc so i guess the collective either way would have noted findings on the cert?

Thats one of the issues is that after about 5 years of checks that this has suddenly come up

All you can do is explain that it may never have been mentioned before, but you have done a through check and it's not right.
If they just want a cheap piece of paper then use the other guy, if they want to keep the tenants safe then it needs bringing up to standard.

But you did not do it right.

You can't AR because it is a crap job.

Low pressure is not AR in itself. If it affects the appliance (obviously not here, as your FGA was ok) or any other, then it is ID.

Unsealed flue is ID if fumes coming back (in truth, how is that ping to happen?)

If the flue is reachable and unguarded, and is able to be pulled apart - I think AR. As much as anything else, it should be clamped/sscrewed As someone said, there was a TB.

Actually spoke to gas safe in the end and AR is generally not used for this . However as it's your discretion and decide to AR it then it's not doing anything wrong either.
Also it must be written down on the cert like everything else you find .
Goes back to covering your back end.

Thats from the gsr

Actually spoke to gas safe in the end and AR is generally not used for this . However as it's your discretion and decide to AR it then it's not doing anything wrong either.
Also it must be written down on the cert like everything else you find .
Goes back to covering your back end.

Thats from the gsr
Ask them to email you it writing.

So you don't write your findings on a cert ?
You are miss understanding me. I would AR the boiler for the flue not being sealed through the external wall. I would always note findings down on the cert irrelevant of how pointless they are. I was asking them to ask GSR to email it you in writing. Would be surprised if they did.

Reply to Thoughts on todays aggro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It had a welded fabricated boiler. I've seen such heat exchangers leak within 7 years from new. No wonder the Potterton heating production manager said...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope I post this in the right section. I bought a house couple of months ago. There was an old, broken back boiler installed in the fireplace, so I looked for a company to replace it with a nice shiny combi boiler. A gentleman came over to estimate the work. He offered to replace the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock