Discuss Thorn Olympic issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

I was called out to this boiler a few days ago. As soon as boiler came on all the power tripped in the house.

Unwired the 3port and was ok. Replaced 3 port, turns out pump had seized also.

Replaced pump. As the power was initially tripping I was unable to test anything else.

Now, ch and hw will circulate ok but hw is getting too hot cust says and they turned it all off and now won't come back on.

I can hear air in the pipes in the airing cupboard.
They have all rads upstairs turned off except bathroom.

System was fitted in 1978, custs in 80s doesn't want to be spending thousands out.

Last edited:
The 3 port will put live onto Boiler and pump so by disconnecting the 3 port you disconnected the pump by the sounds of it?

If the water is now too hot and wasn't before, Check the Cylinder stat and associated wiring.

Did you not test the 3 port before you swapped it?

Last edited:
The 3 port will put live onto Boiler and pump so by disconnecting the 3 port you disconnected the pump by the sounds of it?

If the water is now too hot and wasn't before, Check the Cylinder stat and associated wiring.

Did you not test the 3 port before you swapped it?

I couldnt test as the valve body was leaking in to the actuator, tripped everything the second a demand was put on.

Will take a cylinder stat with me tomorrow when I check the wiring. Will take a new three port just in case this new one is faulty.

View attachment DSC_0469.JPG

View attachment DSC_0470.JPG

Change those disgraceful quarter turn valves whilst you're at it.

I don't like the set up there.

What's above it pipe work wise?

There is a 22mm fitting above thist It's a cross âž• fitting but no pic. I think this may causing a restriction but have drained and filled OK.

When ch working it's fine but then getting really hot at pipes and pump in airing cupboard.

Will check temps in the morning.

3port has been changed. I had to change that before I could do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thorn Olympic issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock