Search the forum,

Discuss thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasonjkd

Hi all Can I change a thermostat from a sunvic tlx2251 to a TLX7501.

Thanks

It is a glow worm 38cxi combi, But my current thermostat has only got two wires 1 and 3 but the new one has got aspace for 3.

you want 3 and 2.

3 is common (live call from boiler)
2 is switched live to tell boiler to come on
1 is off not used.

double check the instructions but thats it if i remember.

it is also low voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what my old one looks like. I have attached 2 photos if that helps.

Attachments

• SNC00104new.jpg
    SNC00104new.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 12
  • SNC00105new.jpg
    SNC00105new.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
The tx7501 is spdt which means that it allows powering off as well as powering on. Most applications require a call for heat and therefore the advice given above is correct - leave terminal 1 unused.

If you only have two wires then it doesn't really matter except to purists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock