Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat confusion - Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silverfish

I need some advice please

I replaced my Drayton thermostat (RTS1) at the weekend as it was not registering the correct room temperature.

I connected the Blue wire to Neutral , the red wire to live and the Yellow wire to No 3 as well as connecting the earth to the casing on the wall

However since then when the CH and HW settings on the control panel are both set to off and the Thermostat is turned until it 'clicks' it still turns the burner and the pump on!!

Also annoyingly, the pump now stays on unless I turn off main power at the wall - Any suggestions please????

I may be wrong but I thought that the RTS1 only clicked when there was power applied to it. Did it have a sticky label attached to that effect? If that is so then there must be a problem elsewhere.

Mike

Thanks Mike

What I do not understand is why it still clicks and starts the boiler when the control panel settings are on 'off'

Hope you can help

1, pump overrun comes from the boiler pcb.
2, the programmer can still be putting out power even if its turned to off position.

i left a reply to your question that you left on my messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat confusion - Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock