Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Thermal store, wood burner, oil confusion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vandici

Hi all, this is my 1st post, so please ignore my genral ignorance!

I am in the process of planning a house extension and currently researching heating options. In the extension i am planning to have installed a multifuel burner with back boiler, I also have an oil boiler and would like to link the 2 to supply DHW and central heating, I am looking at thermal stores - but which type is the correct one? Direct or indirect, what are the advantages/disadvantages to either, the central heating system is currently a vented system. What size store would be best, the woodburner I am considering is a Dunsley 8KW ch model 3.8kw direct heat to room and 6Kw to water, I have been advised that a 275 litre tank would be sufficent - does this sound OK? and advice would be gratefully received. Cheers Richard

Try looking at the Gledhill website , there is a lot of info there , I am no expert , but I thinck it depends on tthe size of your house and how many bathrooms . A 275 litre store is about right for 1 bathroom and up to 3 ensuites .

I would just like say "avoid GLEDHIL"

Newark copper cylinders or MacDonald Engineering are the ones I like

You may want to consider facility for adding further heat sorces to a thermal store at a later date (eg solar / GSHP etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermal store, wood burner, oil confusion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
B
I'm looking for help with an open vented central heating system that is pumping over. We have a thermal store that has two heat sources - gas...
Replies
Views
Would it possible to connect an air source heat pump into 2 UFH (unused) ports on a thermal store? The property is heated by oil and a wood...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry bit of an odd query here. With the increases in energy costs now and in the future we are trying to find any way to reduce our exposure...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock