Discuss there goes another tree! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

3 hours ago loud thump followed by some coppers closing the road till a tree surgeon arrives :)
He has just arrived, no coning off the road, signs or amber lights and off he has gone. It must be the rusty pickup and sounds of a chain saw over revving as the blunt chain is making no impact that may lead to more blue lights in due course to cart him off, seeing as there isnt any sign of kevlar over trousers at all!! How do these cowboys end up getting a council contract is beyond me. ( I only speak from a little knowledge of helping my old man run a large orchard years back, you can always tell when a chain is blunt, and apple being a lovely hard wood does wear em down :) )

Too right, apples cross grain so it ruins em, you should sharpen up even just a quck one each time.
using a blunt chain wears the sprocket out.

Trousers are the bare minimum imho.
most likely place to have a running chain hit you.

2 minutes to sharpen the chain or an extra hour of work.....
no brainer.

OH and when they dont top the oil up......

Too right, apples cross grain so it ruins em, you should sharpen up even just a quck one each time.
using a blunt chain wears the sprocket out.

Trousers are the bare minimum imho.
most likely place to have a running chain hit you.

2 minutes to sharpen the chain or an extra hour of work.....
no brainer.

OH and when they dont top the oil up......

lol, you been there havent you. still he seems to have run off now, pile of rotton maple on the pavement for a drunk to fall over later :)

Oh yes when you forget the files....

Apple trees have the horrible tendency to pick up stones in their bark, you know when you hit one as you get the eroughhhhhhhhhhuhhhuhhhuhhh noise.

or the chain whips off.

Weighing up if i should do hetas or get all my forestry quals. Climbing included

got my saw out a month back to clear a space at a mates to get to his garden wall. popped my leggings on,along with mitts and helmet and off I went, 10secs in and hit a nail in a trunk, chain snapped flew off and wacked my leg. clever them leggings as it all fluffs up and stops the chain so quick, but still leaves u with a heck of a bruise. Bloody ****s and their bird boxes and nails!! so a little favour cost me one chain, chain guide and a pair of ballistic leggings!! not a good afternoon.

I remember as a lad doing the orchard and a chain snapping, it didnt snag on the chain brake or catcher and disappeared off down the orchard. We found it a few weeks later about 30yds away wrapped around a tree trunk, killed the tree as it totally severed all the bark, if that had been a person/leg ouch. Brings back rule one of chain saws, never stand in front of a live saw, rule 2 never tap a bloke on the shoulder who's using a saw, coz they just turn round and face you without thinking!! loads of other rules :)

Before i was born, one of dads guys had the chain snap ontop of the sprocket on a 36 inch bar.
twit shouldn't have been using it to strip the tree, only to fell it!

It whipped round and up the bottom of his back.
you can imagine the damage it did.
wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been so lazy.

never use bigger than a 15 inch bar to strip a tree unless it really is a big beasty.

dads picked up a sthl 880 on i think a 45 inch chain.

i haven't got the balls to use that!

Have got my eyes on these though

Workwear for Forestry and Agricultural Industries by engelbert strauss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to there goes another tree! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Doh. Did not register but have now. Sorry about that! I'm no expert but this case seems a bit dubious Long story short: - My boiler (performa...
Replies
Views
B
I'm no expert but this case seems a little dubious to me. Long story short: - My boiler (performa 28 - potterton) has flagged up a pressure...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
L
arrived at farm 0900 today as promised, told to meet in yard so "Eric" could show me his mum's leaking cyl in the farmhouse. So after bouncing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock