Search the forum,

Discuss The highest paying careers in Britain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe a sparks not on there with the ridiculous money they charge

Looks like we've chosen the wrong career.

Seems like air traffic controllers earn a fair wack.

Must get pretty dull though.

I'd love to earn some of the money on that list, but with exception of pilot, which must be pretty cool the jobs all suck.

I would like the money though. Worked for this young broker last week, he had my dream house, a garage of super cars...and to make matters worse he was a lovely bloke so I couldn't even dislike him!!!

In all honesty, I'm happy with my career choice. You don't hear many people say that.

Last edited:
With the odd exception ,it just shows what we know if you are a good con man and are prepared to steal,lie and leave any morals at home,you can earn a good living

imho

Well in Theory I'm Chief exec of my company which has a total number of 1 staff members, me.

Should I be paying myself £151k then??? I'll have to have a chat with my accountant :)

I have a couple of friends that you would say are high earners. Bonuses that equal our yearly salary etc. We all know though, something for nothing, not in this life.

One of them regulary leaves home at 7.30 and doesn't get in until 10pm! Going on holiday, I've been on holiday with him, diving gear already to go boat waiting, Blackberry went, all cancelled. Spent the whole day in the hotel in the business dept sending e-mail faxing waiting for replys etc. Of course I still went.

He never leaves home with out his mobile, two weeks ago we had arranged a drink and was flown at 1 days notice to go to Germany to deal with their equivalent of a parlimentry enquiry.

Yes, he earns very good money but his life is extremly stressful and gives up more than 50% in tax and national insurance. Imagine, at the end of the year you earn £100k but have to give back approx £55k................

Then if you look at the hourly rate.........

But heres the best bit, I'm off to sit in my garden as the weather is really good having finished the job quicker than expected. I'll give him a call to see if he wants to pop round for a beer at 10pm.........

I don't think money is the be all and end all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite right Secret Squirrel - much more to life than money and the sooner many in this country realise it the happier they will be. I'm not saying you don't need money because if you're really short and don't have much income then life's not good either but earning loads doesn't make you happier than earning around the average salary.

I don't expect many of those jobs you can do private cash in hand work either. (Just a thought.)LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The highest paying careers in Britain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock