Search the forum,

Discuss The great renewable energy swindle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Read a post a few minutes ago saying that new builds wouldn't have gas appliances after 2016. Ridiculous. Is It just me here who thinks renewable's are a total con? with a few exceptions.

I would love to know the exact carbon foot print of making a PV panel or perhaps a solar HW panel or any renewable for that matter; Because I wager that with the millions & millions manufacturered the Co2 foot print is huge & that's not to mention the transport of these products too retail outlets once the manufacturing process is completed.

I bet the co2 debt owed by these renewable's is huge.

Unlike the boiler you fit which is made in your back garden out of recycled toilet roll tubes and brought to you on horse and cart, right?

Are you saying that manufacturing a gas boiler has a lower carbon footprint, don't they have to be transported too?

The big con with renewables is mcs ,green deal ect what a total con. why should a plumber that has the correct qualifications have to pay out yet again to register with them no wonder the total cost of an install is out of this world,double glazing wall clading all over again.

Are you saying that manufacturing a gas boiler has a lower carbon footprint, don't they have to be transported too?

I'am not saying that, I would be interested to know the difference between the two however. It seem ironic that this country has invested billions in LNG yet we wont be able to fit gas boilers in new builds after 2016.

A good quality flat plate (solar thermal) will offset the carbon footprint from manufacture and shipping in approx 6 years, I think 1 year less for tubes.

Can't help with P.V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The great renewable energy swindle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock