Discuss The best way to get more work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnbaker867

I started my own small business a few years ago and have been fine up untill the last few months where work has dried up a bit. My question if anyone can help is whats the best way to get more work without spending a fortune on trust a trader or yell.com?
Ive tried classifieds but they have not been fruitful. Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks

No, I dont to be honest. Im in the birmingham area. I know a few people that are in the trade that have got websites and it hasnt really worked for them, basically because no-one had seen it. I think im going to spend the rest of the afternoon trawling through google and looking at the best options. Everything just seems pretty expensive especially when your short of a few quid.

I design websites John. I can design you a site, enhanced to get you up Google, with domain name and hosting for only ÂŁ85. You have nothing else to pay for two whole years. Take a look at a site I have just done CHM Central Heating & Gas | Boiler, Heating & Gas Engineer Surrey

Not only does having a site get you enquiries via online searches, it also makes you look more professional/reliable to potential clients when quoting etc etc

PM me if your interested

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello John, :welcome: Unfortunately you are in the same boat as a lot of people up & down the country, people are afraid to spend, no new building works has a massive knock on to everyone, its now feeding down to the small trader, market flooded out with Plumbers etc, Reports show lowest boiler sales for 10 years, Showerlux closed down due to imports from middle east, & a drop off of sales, just been reading about possable collapse of building industry putting millions of jobs at risk, so not looking to good , whats the best way to bring in more work well that is the Million dollar question, whatever you try at the moment is a gamble, you pay your money and take your chance !!

There's a van down the road from me with a blokes names on it followed by the gas safe logo. Advertises that he does all gas, heating, plumbing, painting and decorating. Don't see that very often!

jts has pretty much hit the nail on the head , i can be busy ran ragged for several weeks then suddenly it just stops .As yet i have found no fool proof way of keeping a steady amount of work coming in . I dont advertise to much now due to its expensive and imho it doesnt give you a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The best way to get more work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock