Discuss Terms and Conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

Hey guys, just wondering if you guys have had customers who havnt paid you or are late to pay you? (most likely)

Have you put in your terms and conditions that if they dont pay you will charge a percentage everyday/week they dont pay?
Just an idea as this is the most worrying part!

It'll depend on the debt Koogatubac ... I got bumped twice last year for a couple of repairs! One I wrote off 'literally' sent the custard a letter told them give the amount they owed me to charity should they feel guilty at any time :); the other I pursued and eventually got paid. I run my business on trust! It's their loss if they break it IMHO! :)

Nice diamond! Yeah, its nice building it on trust, however ive always belived in life the only person you can fully trust is yourself!
Ive heard of other guys putting in place of penalties of 'late payments'

I liked your quote of giving the payment of works to charity :) !!

It was a genuine letter I sent to the custard regards £40! ho hum :)

If you feel you have clients that need to hear the threat of additional charge if they don't pay-up then go for it personally! Letting agents come to mind for some reason ... lol ...But also the rare few that come the game! In my experience they are few and far between! You can always place on your quotes "terms and conditions available on request" I guess....? And put the clause in there :)

Cheers diamond! Setting up trading as soletrader in 4 weeks time so thinking of all the extra work involved aside from the hands on plumbing ;) hopefully we all get a bad winter and leaks start!!! :D

It was a genuine letter I sent to the custard regards £40! ho hum :)

If you feel you have clients that need to hear the threat of additional charge if they don't pay-up then go for it personally! Letting agents come to mind for some reason ... lol ...But also the rare few that come the game! In my experience they are few and far between! You can always place on your quotes "terms and conditions available on request" I guess....? And put the clause in there :)

Hmmm, interesting, I never thought of that before.

Just looked it up and it looks like it could be risky.

"Terms and conditions available on request" | Heald Law

Hmmm, interesting, I never thought of that before.

Just looked it up and it looks like it could be risky.

"Terms and conditions available on request" | Heald Law

Thats why you should get the customer to sign your t&c when giving quotation, aswell as mentioning in your t&c that any lawyer fees, court costs will be all paid for by the customer.

If the custard is that much of a genuine, trusted client, they will understand if mistakes have happened and will be a decent custard paying on time that youve asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Terms and Conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock