Discuss Terminals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Is a chimney pot classed as a terminal or in every case do you need a bird guard on it.

Is a chimney pot classed as a terminal or in every case do you need a bird guard on it.

Whenever I find a chimney pot without a bird guard on it I always NTCS it.

The amount of crap that I find down chimneys without cages on is unreal :)

a bird guard is also not a terminal.

nowt wrong with an open pot if alls well.

Whenever I find a chimney pot without a bird guard on it I always NTCS it.

The amount of crap that I find down chimneys without cages on is unreal :)
while we all know the chaos birds will cause there's no legal obligation to have a terminal unless its lined

A quick read through BS 5871-3 9.3.4 refers to Terminals ( 9.3.4.2 )
and Chimney pots (9.3.4.3) So a pot is something a terminal is fitted to.

As others have pointed out there is no required standard to have a bird guard
fitted so ncs, ar etc would not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Terminals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock