Discuss Temperature Indicator on hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petercaldicot

I have a large cylinder with 3 divisions (for Immersion heater; Gas heating; and Solar heating)
The cylinder is insulated with cast-on foam.
I can't tell what temperature it is at, so I want a stick-on temperature Indicator.
Where can I get one please?

petercaldicot

You could use head thermometer and tape it to it, or a room thermometer, the card type, got these when I had little one, for free.

Problem is that heat rises so the top will be hotter then cold, and to get true temprature you would need to take some insulation off and tape to tank. Why do you need to know?

just had a quick look, some of these come with thermometer, does cylinder have hole for it at top? have you tried manufacturer?

Thanks Jase
I am hoping to scrape off some insulation and glue a temp indicator to the copper tank.
I need to know because with solar heating you never know whether the water is hot or not.
Also with several people in the house, even if it is set to heat up every morning, you don't know if all the hot water has been used.
I am fed-up with turning on a tap and waiting to see if it runs hot or cold

I thought it was a regulation to fit one to the hot water outlet?

if you havent got some kind of tempreture sensor on your cylinder how does your solar pump and differential tempreture controller know when it right to kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Temperature Indicator on hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock