Discuss Taymar gas torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

siimon

I have one, I think it's THP3000, and it's done me very well for the last decade of occasional use, all on the one 350g cannister. It takes a T3500 gas cannister which is no longer available anywhere, and I'm almost out of gas. So I decided to buy a Campingaz cartridge from Toolstation which calls itself But/Pro mix 70/30 just like the T3500.

But it is not the same!

I have a lot of trouble starting it with the new cannister either with a match or the built-in lighter in the THP3000, and the joints I've created with the new cannister are horrid, it takes longer to heat the joint, more oxidation, flux seems to stop working properly and so on.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Is there an alternative cannister will work well with this torch?

thanks,
Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taymar gas torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
I am hoping you can help me, I live in a high wind area and following the recent storms I noticed that when I got home a metal plate had fallen...
Replies
Views
Hi. Apologies if this seems like an essay. The short question is where do you lot work from? Do you have largish houses, or do you work from a...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock