Discuss Tap base ring leaks underneath - best way to seal it? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have fitted a new set of mono mixer taps to new bathroom basin pedestal and for some

reason, I’m unable to get the tap hole/base ring watertight regardless how I adjust the supplied

horseshoe tap fixing plate/washers. (tested this by pouring some water over the tap base ring

area and it leaks beneath)

What is the best way to seal the base ring of the tap?

Maybe silicon or plumbers putty?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to Tap base ring leaks underneath - best way to seal it? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am after a bit of advice on a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen. Water is leaking from the area highlighted and varies with the amount of...
Replies
Views
New shower tray and waste recently installed and thankfully have a cut out in ceiling below from when I was checking it's initial seal, when I...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi All Noticed the floor around shower had a pool of water, looked like shower leaking from below, presumed it was trap but all good, could not...
Replies
Views
My basin mono mixer (model No: ME00101) is 10 years old & leaks at the bottom base of the mixer stand & underneath the hand lever. Water is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock