Discuss Taking on an apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I'm just about to start the recruiting process for an apprentice. This will be my first full time employee so I'm keen to get it right. I was wondering if anyone has an apprentice employment contract I could beg/borrow/steal/adapt?

Thanks in advance!

If you sign one from the college they have a contact of employment

Great stuff. Does anyone out there get any grants towards there apprentice? I was under the impression that Construction Skills do some and I know there's a grant if you take a young person on who is claiming Jobseekers allowance.

Sack getting an apprentice mate, speak to Unguided1 and get yourself one of 'dem loveslaves!

There's a few companies/colleges begging for apprentice placements in Installer mag. or there's JTL as well.. Unguided1 will have some advice on the way to handle 'em...lol

Hi Croft I usually take on second or third year apprentices from companies that can no longer keep em, also I dont employ them I have them go self employed as I feel that if I have a minion who is just along for the ride they are not getting the full benefit of all my miniscule amount of knowledge and the little buggers will take the mick, Depending on their attitude, knowledge and enthusiasm I will pay them up to ÂŁ120 a day but believe me they do earn that, it is also really funny when a course tutor phones you up and complains that the loveslave is earning more than they are, Also with the sort of work I do they learn the whole spectrum of heating and plumbing, book keeping and tax avoidance, self employmentand money handling.
reference to beating your loveslave try and avoid anything that marks em on everday general beatings other wise they will get spoiled with sympathy from well meaning customers, also the advantage of paying them good money is when they do something spectacularly stupid you can chuck a kango at em, if it breaks you can dock their wages for not giving it a soft landing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! With regards to beating them do you have any good tips to avoid marks/bruising?

yeah a good hefty steel toe cap in the kneecaps works wonders, thenyou can laugh at em as they do the monkey walk!!!!!

Hi Croft I usually take on second or third year apprentices from companies that can no longer keep em, also I dont employ them I have them go self employed as I feel that if I have a minion who is just along for the ride they are not getting the full benefit of all my miniscule amount of knowledge and the little buggers will take the mick, Depending on their attitude, knowledge and enthusiasm I will pay them up to ÂŁ120 a day but believe me they do earn that, it is also really funny when a course tutor phones you up and complains that the loveslave is earning more than they are, Also with the sort of work I do they learn the whole spectrum of heating and plumbing, book keeping and tax avoidance, self employmentand money handling.
reference to beating your loveslave try and avoid anything that marks em on everday general beatings other wise they will get spoiled with sympathy from well meaning customers, also the advantage of paying them good money is when they do something spectacularly stupid you can chuck a kango at em, if it breaks you can dock their wages for not giving it a soft landing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would come and be your love slave for that each day.lol things in staffordshire are tight business slack people want boiler changes for next to nothing.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taking on an apprentice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock