Search the forum,

Discuss SystemLow loss header in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fitting a valliant eco tec plus 637 system boiler with a low loss header. Question 1, do my primary's in to the the header need to be the highest and lowest points with the secondary's teeing in between or doesn't it matter? Question 2, from the secondary flow they'll be a pump and then to a heating manifold for zoned heating circuits and then another secondary flow to a pump for zoned hot water. Do I need to put a bypass valve after the pumps and before the zone valve to each circuit and link in to the returns back to the header?

Obviously on a heat only boiler an external pump and bypass would be used but didn't no if this applies to a system boiler with an already built in pump and bypass but with additional pumps.

Some help would be much appreciated!

single boiler or multi boilers?

and flow to the top connection if your using the the vaillant llh the slightly lower top connection is for the boiler the higher one is the system

and any chance of a drawing o what your planning to do

It's a single boiler install with two hot water cylinders. I haven't actually got a valliant low loss header, but been told to make one. The system has 4 x underfloor heating manifolds and 2 x towel rail circuits.

IMG_9842.JPG

Looks fine to me just using two pumps

The only thing I would change is your flow for the cylinders put it above the boiler flow tapping where's your expansion vessel?

Also I wouldn't make a llh there cheap enough under a ton normally

yeah I meant to draw it with the boiler tapping below the two secondary flows. I've also been told that the boiler tapping has to be the top one then the two secondary's below and vice versa with the returns?

I haven't drawn vessel on here but was going to tee in to the primary return

Would you put bypass valves in after the pumps?

I would personally prefer a pre made llh been been told I have to make one!

it doesnt matter that much prefer the load higher than the supply

vessel and drain normally on the bottom of the llh

Cheers for your help

What about bypass valves?

i would normally install them on the end of the manifold but where you have drawn them is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SystemLow loss header in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 12 year old house with a system comprising of a gas boiler with header tank and hot water cylinder also with header tank, there are no TRV's in the aiting cupboard around the 3 way valve is what appears to be some kind of bypass - highlighted in yellow - .... what is...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock