Discuss surestop sales in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dannyg

hi guys not been on for a bit hope everyone is ok question for you im a approved surestop installer and im looking to start selling surestop abit more but just trying to think off a way to approach the public my thought is to do a bit of a door to door sales approach at the min ive tried posting leaflets but dont seem to gain much out of posting but what ive found that works is when ive done a job for a customer then it give me the opportunity to put the leaflet forward and explain it a bit more on how they work so question is do i do door to door or is there any other ways you can recomened thanks

tbh i had few problems with them jamming bypass when shut and get soaked

There's a blank space on the back of the leaflets for you to put your own stamp. You're not just relying on the customer to check the 'Find an Installer' section are you?

Advertise them on your website and your Twitter account.

Try insurance companies as the average claim for leak damage is about 6-7k i think and the install cost is about a ton fifty....

Stand outside B&Q and hand out your leaflets. Get your own back on them.

Perhaps you should set up a working display of one in a stand in a shopping centre like Sky and the AA and the like do, and bring the punters to you instead of you having to chase the punters.

Thanks for the advice guys going try the b&q leaflet and try get people come to me

I dont see it as a huge money earner because

1. they dont work properly (from previous experience a year ago)
2. people assume it is going to cause a lot of disruption
3. a lot more expensive then a stop tap and takes longer to install
4. if it aint broke then why would they fix it?
5. most people know how to turn water off and it is easily accessible, and those that don't, dont care.

But if you push it some what then you could maybe do a few, but i wouldnt imagine it would bring in thousands of pounds!!
as said before, try insurance companies, councils, builders etc.
please dont go door to door, those days have well and truly gone!!

these things will either have there time or not.

All down to TV probably but at the moment, nobody knows what they are!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to surestop sales in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock