Discuss Surely this ain't right!?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
To me this looks like RIDDOR reportable ... just above gas meter.. 1/2 inch lead from meter union to soldered 15mm copper

70d19226c976b27613670d0a55d2fd04.jpg

Where does the lead go ? Or just to meter ?

only big no no on water

Damn.. ok! Still learning..!!

Next question, is there an issue with running a gas pipe underneath the floor and coming up through the floor under kitchen cabinets? Hidden/protected by plinth and sleeved with copper pipe as it comes through?

From BS 6891:2015

Specification for the installation and maintenance of low pressure gas installation pipework of up to 35 mm (R11⁄4) on premises

7 Jointing

7.7 Lead composition pipework

When lead composition pipework is encountered and any connection joint has to be made, then only a soldered cup joint onto copper pipework or a suitable brass union fitting shall be made. Compression fittings designed for jointing water weight lead pipework shall not be used.

Damn.. ok! Still learning..!!

Next question, is there an issue with running a gas pipe underneath the floor and coming up through the floor under kitchen cabinets? Hidden/protected by plinth and sleeved with copper pipe as it comes through?

Please tell us you did not ID it? :)

I would much rather hear you say you've id something unnecessary. It's a huge learning curve. Nothing wrong with being cautious. Never stop asking questions. Every days a school day.

I would much rather hear you say you've id something unnecessary. It's a huge learning curve. Nothing wrong with being cautious. Never stop asking questions. Every days a school day.

AP, thank you! I needed to hear this today. My mental issues were beginning to get the better of me but your message calmed it down.. sometimes I put too much pressure on myself to know everything but.. like you say, every day is a school day!! ;) cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Surely this ain't right!?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock