Discuss Suprima solid red light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys
got this issue with a suprima, the red light constantly stays on even after resetting it.the pump runs and there is live on swl.
the pump was installed by another engineer who was there before I went to check on the boiler fault.
basically all the wiring was wrong on the y plan so I done the wiring as required. The boiler worked ok for two days but now it's having this solid red light and nothing after that.
Took the cover out to check the oh stat and just ran my voltage pen over there was live on the flow pipe and the oh stat. Confirmed that with an electric test and there was 240v on the flow pipe and the oh stat,Could it be the wiring loom is faulty or the pcb?
Thanks in advance for the advice

Why would there be 240vac on the oh stat and flow pipe??

The Grundfos Alpha 2 pumps are also incompatible with these PCB's. Found that straight from Baxi Engineer after had a boiler eating boards every 6 weeks. Replaced it for a UPS2 and never missed a beat, that was 18 months ago.

Nothing from Grundfos or Baxi in way of a memo or update though.

Didn't know that .. Long live the standard issue circ pump that did as they were told and worked forever .,,,

Hello mateys,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Aquazone you were right mate. The new grundfos pumps mess about with these boilers pcbs hence the need to fit the suppresor cables. I confirmed with one of my mates who works for heateam.
The newer versions on these pumps whic come with the wiring connector that can be pushed in does not require the suppresor cables, unfortunately the pump that i had to put up with were the earler versions where we had to push them pins in to fit the cables in.
Had to replace the pcb as that had blown out.
your right elgordo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suprima solid red light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock