Discuss sub contracting day rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What do most people charge for sub contracting and were are you based

im in shropshire i get £200 on central heating

and when im doing odd jobs i get a fair bit less £100-150

i get a little frustrated ant £100 a day when im runing around in my van

Day rate at the moment is whatever you can get, not alot of work about so rates are being cut, only you know what you need per day ! but you need to ask what are the rates around your area, as what other area's are chargeing is not relivant.

In merseyside only getting £100 per day for plumbing/gas complete bathrooms. Think it reflects the amount of fitters compared to work. I'd Be happy with £400 a week if it was full time!

Same down here lucky if you can get that, to meny want to be plumbers ! WHY ? shin'y van, smart designer workware, liveing at home and giveing mummy £10 a week

I was getting £15.50 per job sub contracting to Dyno. Had to do a lot of jobs to earn a decent wage though as had to pay diesel and van costs.

£100 a day isn't much by the time you take diesel, tyres, wear & tear, tools etc out of it. But as others have said, too many guys out there, one of the reasons I now fit meters for a big firm that just pay me a wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sub contracting day rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As a level 2 qualified plumber, currently completing level 4 gas, what is a fair hourly/day rate to charge when sub contracting in the west...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
We are a few months into our Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 19KW Heat Only boiler and it is working fine. We replaced an old 1999 Baxi. Our house is a 2...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock