Discuss strap on boss help please in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to add a new strap on boss to an internal soil stack. Problem is the soil pipe is tight into a corner and I can’t get the strap connections around it.
What alternatives are there?
Stupid question maybe but if I cut the connections off I can get the rest of the strap round, would cable ties be enough to hold it? Or just the solvent?

Another alternative, this is for a 50mm shower waste, however I do have a basin waste I can T into a few inches from the soil stack (after a 4m 50mm run). However the basin waste is a smaller size, it’s old and seems to be between a 32mm and 40mm??

Thank you!

Possibly, thank you. I can get one and see!
The 50mm option is out of stock near me. I can get a 40mm one - is it ok to step down the waste size for the last few inches of pipe?
[automerge]1596361833[/automerge]
My pipe run would be a foot or so of 40mm from the shower waste, stepped up to 50mm for the rest of the run and then down to 40mm again for the last few inches to the stack. It has an air vent at the start of the run from the shower tray.

Reply to strap on boss help please in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back