Search the forum,

Discuss Strange positioning of old toilet. Looking for suggestions for a new one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr. Graves

This is the toilet as it came with the house photo (4).JPG .I am remodeling the bathroom, and am wondering what would be the most sensible way to close the gap between the tank and the bowl while still letting it connect to the pipe in the floor. I did a bit of research and have found two solutions. One would be to get a corner toilet, and the other would be to buy a flexi-hose. What would be the solution that would be the most aesthetically pleasing?I really don't like seeing that pipe, and I fear that if I opt for the corner toilet, that it may not line up. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mr. Bing. What exactly do you mean when you say "box in the back"? I agree with you that the corner toilet would be a better choice, since you won't see the PVC anymore.

Build studding in the corner, fit close coupled wc and use existing waste

Can't you just use a 90 and a 45 degree bend to pull it back to the wall ?

Make a framework and tile, fit a new BTW Wc and hidden cistern. You would be able to move the Wc further away from that radiator. Couple of examples below.
IMG_7304.jpgIMG_7386.jpg
1.jpg33.jpg
IMG_0115.jpgIMG_7170.jpg

Can you post the full floor plan of the bathroom? What is below that foor (I assume you do not want to touch that floor, or maybe it is an option?)

Looks good.... Took some 30 seconds to realise that the green on the bottom pic is plasterboard and not tiles.... Kept thinking why tile in green then do in white?

Not bad mate
But last one looks very nice

Thanks mate.
These are just a few of my bathrooms with built in cisterns to show the guy who wanted ideas on what to do with his Wc. Here are some pics of bathrooms Im more proud off.
22.jpg15a.jpg34 (89).jpgIMG_8248.jpg29.jpgIMG_7977.jpgBathroom Wetroom Nov 09-57.jpg023.jpgIMG_1504.jpgIMG_7570.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange positioning of old toilet. Looking for suggestions for a new one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the last year I've noticed i can hear when my neighbor flush their toilet through my downstairs toilet - this is a relatively new thing, so am assuming its...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me with an issue I'm having at home. We've just returned from a week long holiday and have noticed that one of our toilets (a catalano toilet on a geberit frame) seems to have brown water coming up into the toilet bowl. When we flush, the...
Replies
Views
Laurie1987
L
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock