Search the forum,

Discuss Straight swap electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I've heard a straight swap electric shower is un-notable to the electric regs. Does this just require the shower to be of the same power i.e, 8.5 kw.

Not necessarily.
If you take a 10.5 kw out you cant just wack a replacement In without knowing the supply cable is adequate. The previous installer may have been a diy guy and potentially fit it on 6mm cable whih would overheat and become a fire risk.

You need to be competent to do electrical safety checks. Do unless your on an electrical competent persons scheme you could come unstuck

If you dont have the equipment and knowhow to test the safety of an electrical installation then its best to err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Straight swap electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock