Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss stoves newhome 600 sl dlm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

the above cooker is getting the better of me - one the odd occasion when the grill is on it squeels a bit like the glowworm hxi boilers do when the gas valve is shot . anyone had this - the funny thing is that when it does it and I push the grill pan right to the back to touch the case it goes a bit quieter I am wondering if its the inner case vibrating.

Hi, is it a sola grill ?
The type where the gas is passed from above thro' the burner guaze, rather than a burner under a grill fret.
If so it's probably a small hole in the burner gauze, that opens up as it gets hot, eventually it will pop & the gas will flashback & go out, not good !
These can be difficult to spot,may require taking it out.
Disconnect ID & order new part or cooker.

Hi, is it a sola grill ?
The type where the gas is passed from above thro' the burner guaze, rather than a burner under a grill fret.
If so it's probably a small hole in the burner gauze, that opens up as it gets hot, eventually it will pop & the gas will flashback & go out, not good !
These can be difficult to spot,may require taking it out.
Disconnect ID & order new part or cooker.

grill flame surface looks lkea flat stel plate wth oles punchd in it is this the one you mean

Yes, I think it's the same as I have had. The customer didn't call until it started to bang. New Grill Burner reqd but is now obsolete.

Was as like a flat metal bed with holes in. Also had some kind of overlay with large round holes in, size of a tennis ball iirc??

Ah no, that's different to the one I was meaning. But might be worth taking it out and inspecting for any cracks/holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stoves newhome 600 sl dlm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock