Search the forum,

Discuss Storage boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Not going to post in the open area as don't want to advertise what's in the back of my wagon so here is my fittings storage.

photo 2 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

photo 1 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Right hand side starting at the bottom with the small boxes is self tappers. O rings, washers and ballvalve spares, olives and misc gas fittings. Onto the Stanley Fatmax boxes, Tectite fittings, 22 solder, 15 solder, screws, plugs and other fixings and on top pipe clips.

Left hand side Black iron, 15mm Uponor, 22mm Uponor, Valves, 15 compression, 22 compression, fuses and other electrical bits and bobs and staimless steel screws on top.

In the two plastic 4 drawer units at the back are 28 copper fittings, 1 1/2 plastic. 1 1/4 plastic, overflow, traps, polypipe, copper fiitting overspill and clip overspill.

In the Cupboard are heating spares, ballvalves, syphons, cable and changeover valves

The grey box under the yellow trug contains salvaged boiler valves and odd bits. The plastic case contains pigtails and other lpg stuff.

Behind the left hand rack is my wet vac, spades, shovel and drain rods. In the red bag is my PPE.

Dust sheets are folded to the right. My henry sits where the jerry can is at the moment.

The jerry can and cones don't normally live in the back. The jerry can is in there because some nice person syphoned my diesel last week and the cones are there because I had to park on a narrow country lane and used them to stop the numpties running into the back of me.

What is it a bobtail with a box on?

Also look after your regin hose

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really good mike.

My old van never had any racking and I just threw everything into tool boxes and sorted them out in the back.

Now I have a caddy with the back all racked out and I love it. I know where everything is and I find I can work much faster knowing where things are when I go back to the van.

Everything like fittings ing sand screws etc are all in those blue BG tool boxes, fortunately I have 6 of them and I can store everything easily :)

your van looks amazing though mike :)

Mike is the side door a separate compartment to the back. Hard to tell. Suppose you need somewhere to keep powertools if it is

Mike is the side door a separate compartment to the back. Hard to tell. Suppose you need somewhere to keep powertools if it is

Power tools? POWER TOOLS? This is a local gas engineer for local people. We will have no talk of power tools.

Yes. It's got a dead lock on as well so reasonably secure. Most of my tools live in the front section. Having them in a separate section means that if I clear a job or pick a load of gear up I can still get to my tools to do a call out or small job on the way home.

I have just joined them so hoping it goes well,

i never expected your work horse to be a landy, does customers comment on it when it turns up, wee bit off roading between jobs lol

People remember me. Michael Jackson plastered across the side it is difficult to miss.

People remember me. Michael Jackson plastered across the side it is difficult to miss.

Understatement of the year.

We can always tell when Mike pulls up outside our Hastings branch, because the ground shakes, and the sun is blotted out by his monster set of wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Storage boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock