Discuss Stiebel Eltron DHC-8 - Only warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leakypipes

Hello UKPlumbers!

I hope you can lend me some advice on the titled instant water heater i have in our flat. We recently purchased the flat and this was what is supplying the shower as there is no mains gas supply to the building. That is what it is, and the shower was working perfectly fine in it's defence however recently it's only started to produce really hot water on start up i.e. when you first turn the tap and it activates. Then after about 5/10 seconds it only supplies warm/hot water to the point where I don't need to mix with cold at all.

The property is about 9years old and I've no reason to believe it's ever been serviced since it was first installed.

Any ideas on what I should do as a non-plumbing sort or is it best to replace the whole thing?

Many Thanks

Hello UKPlumbers!

I hope you can lend me some advice on the titled instant water heater i have in our flat. We recently purchased the flat and this was what is supplying the shower as there is no mains gas supply to the building. That is what it is, and the shower was working perfectly fine in it's defence however recently it's only started to produce really hot water on start up i.e. when you first turn the tap and it activates. Then after about 5/10 seconds it only supplies warm/hot water to the point where I don't need to mix with cold at all.

The property is about 9years old and I've no reason to believe it's ever been serviced since it was first installed.

Any ideas on what I should do as a non-plumbing sort or is it best to replace the whole thing?

Many Thanks
Welcome to the forums Leaky........I think it may be one of two things myself ...depending on the model they make a 6kw model and it may have 2 elements and 1 has stopped working or just scaled up I would speak to the manufacturers tech helpline who can best advise you.......regards Turnpin:welcome:

Welcome to the forums Leaky........I think it may be one of two things myself ...depending on the model they make a 6kw model and it may have 2 elements and 1 has stopped working or just scaled up I would speak to the manufacturers tech helpline who can best advise you.......regards Turnpin:welcome:

Thanks Turnpin

I believe it's an 8kw model but will try their tech helpline (if they have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stiebel Eltron DHC-8 - Only warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock