Discuss Starting your own business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I charge £60 for first hour £35 after that what I found was I was doing 4/5 paid jobs then quoting etc for the rest of the day so working all day for £120-£150 now if I do the same its £240-£300.

Big jobs I take minimum 50% deposit i used to take materials plus 10% but now it's just generally 50% unless i dont trust them. Be honest with people say your a 1 man band and that you cant afford to lose a grand on the job. Most people understand if they dont dont worry too much.

You could train your mrs to do the book keeping and claim her pay against tax and part of the house and bills, her phone also.
If you want to hide how much you are making from her dont do this, your father might be a good choice...teach whoever well and you will never look back. Fixed price outside tap adverts is a good seasonal lark
....subject to survey. We used to do 'red hot deals' in August and September for central heating servicing. Sounds like you are well suited to self employment
some fellas just are not.
centralheatking

£30 -£40 per hour depending on the job and how busy you are. The way I look at it handyman are charging £20 per hour and tilers are charging £30 per hour.
We are recognised trade with qualifications and experience, and there's no two jobs that are the same.

£30 -£40 per hour depending on the job and how busy you are. The way I look at it handyman are charging £20 per hour and tilers are charging £30 per hour.
We are recognised trade with qualifications and experience, and there's no two jobs that are the same.
Just to put this into the mix
in central london Pimlico Plumbers charge £125.00
per call plus vat for the first hour...that is inside M25 circle
outside is worse...Scott and his Father have done well I wish I had done it ...Rob Foster aka
centralheatking

Hi guys! I know it's not in revelent topic but I've got the Gas Safe Inspection next Friday. What should I expect and have equipment wise. I'm stocked up on warning labels, ID tape etc but is there anything else I should prepare for? Thanks again for all your advice.

bonding meter clamps eg for removing meters
ldf
fga etc

Greetings, I am now observing how the plumbing business is growing with the https://www.managemart.com/plumbing, recently I have discovered intuitively understandable business management software. I have not yet understood everything, can anyone help. Could anyone teach how to manage my own content, orders, payments, personal calendar and customer support through their application? I want to completely take control over the business. Does anyone already use this software?

Reply to Starting your own business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock