Discuss Square tap holes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So when replacing taps on these for basins what do you use as some new taps don't even cover the holes. I have seen most of them stuffed with plumbers mait but not really keen on that. There has to be a better way?

Plastic washer

If the taps don't cover the holes on the top then different taps, and just use a big plastic washer on the bottom

I like to discard the under tap washers supplied with the taps and replace them with Deva Dat001 anti spin washers and pop a half inch poly washer underneath. The washers cost £26 for 200 from amazon. The rubber is much thicker and wider. Some of the washer also fits into the square hole.

washer.jpg

I like to discard the under tap washers supplied with the taps and replace them with Deva Dat001 anti spin washers and pop a half inch poly washer underneath. The washers cost £26 for 200 from amazon. The rubber is much thicker and wider. Some of the washer also fits into the square hole.

View attachment 23490

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Square tap holes... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only...
Replies
Views
I have fitted a new set of mono mixer taps to new bathroom basin pedestal and for some reason, I’m unable to get the tap hole/base ring...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock