Search the forum,

Discuss Sounds like water hammer after pump over run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammyt

Hi

Ive got a problem I've not come across before.
when heating call to the boiler switches off the circulating pump runs as it should for aprox 3 minutes, the second the pump stops there is a loud bang or 2 from the airing cupboard/loft.
Gravity system, BRitish gas install around 3 years ago but person only moved in recently.

thanks

Thermal shock? Three port valve slamming shut? I had the latter last week the three port slammed shut so hard it could be heard all over the house valve was three weeks old

Thermal shock? Three port valve slamming shut? I had the latter last week the three port slammed shut so hard it could be heard all over the house valve was three weeks old

Doesn't the 3port adjust as soon as the call for heat stops, where's the pump continues to run for a couple of minutes?

This happens quite a lot with 3 port valves. One of the reasons I always fit s plans

Dont know but mainly happens with y plans never had it happen with s plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sounds like water hammer after pump over run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock