Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Someone must know the answer.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Bear with me on this:

I would say that out of all the calls I've had this week.

25% have been older customers, mainly women.
35% have been women
35% have been women with their old man in the back ground saying 'ask this' 'ask that'

For me it seems consistant that men get there women to phone and then bellow there orders across at their wives. If the question is a bit too technical the wives say 'oh, I'll put my husband on'

There must be a reason why men ask there wives/partners to call me/trades. I find it quite aggravating to have a 3 way conversation.

I am not saying women are not capable because most of the time I find women more reasonable and more understanding.

BUT why do men get there wives to call?
Is it just the south?

(p.s the other 5% of the calls were marketing)

Blokes think the final bill will be cheaper if their wife deals with things?

Its been My own experience that women have had a lot more practice using the phone [you should see my phone bills]regards turnpin:juggle2:

Usually because when women ask nicely us blokes tend to do that little bit extra!

Thinks its more to do with the fact that if we blokes do owt,it is always wrong or not good enough,so if we get the other arf to ring,its all down to her if things go wrong,like new bog seat is not the right shade of white and to hard or due to cost she has to have a perm without the set ect

:beatnik2:

Also most women like any excuse to spend money

Last edited by a moderator:
because all your calls are from gypo's in council houses and cant read the yellow pages?.

I do the same. If i need anything done or phoned i get her to call. Same if we go on holiday and i don't like the room or whatever. I load the bullets and she fires them! It is called delegation and she knows her place :lol:

-That tap's getting worse
-Hmm?
-I said the tap's getting worse.
-*doesn't move eyes from TV or hand from beer* Hmm?
-The tap. It's getting worse.
-I can use it.
-Well I can't. And the kids can't.
-Well we'll have to get a plumber then.
-Ok can you ring one tomorrow?
-Hmm?

its because the man is holding his finger in the hole in the pipe he has made !!! because anyone can do plumbing.

It's probably the woman who wants the job done. She's said "if you don't do it, I'll get it done myself".

In my case, the wife was going on about the fire not working and the tiles on the fireplace being horrible.
Don't touch the bloody tiles I say, we'll get the fire fixed for the winter (we don't need it in my opinion, the
central heating works just fine).
Next thing I know, she's pulled the bloody fireplace off the wall.
I washed my hands of it. She's only gone and bought a daft second hand fire and the gas fitter is struggling to make it fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Someone must know the answer.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock