Search the forum,

Discuss Some radiators not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry presses send by accident

hi there,

Haven’t posted in a while but please looking for any advice/help.

Installed a new vertical column rad recently downstairs, drained system as usual, filled system back up and now about 3 rads aren’t getting hot downstairs (downstairs rads are on drops) I tried to balance the system thinking the rads couldn’t achieve the correct flow now I installed the vertical
Rad, but when I did this the cold rads got hot but others started getting cold, if that makes sense, am I balancing them wrong?

It’s a pressurised system, it does have a small single manifold that supply’s underfloor heating in a conservatory, but the heating all worked fine before. Could it be the pump that’s not strong enough with this new column rad?

I’ve now got a problem with the furthest 2 radiators away, they’re not hot but the flow pipe coming down the wall is hot, so could it be a blockage? Lockshields and trvs seem fine I’m sure.

Tbh I’m hoping it’s a blockage or air, but just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Many Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an air lock. Might have to chase it round by turning the rads that do come on off till you can push it out. With hot water off if heated by cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some radiators not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I borrowed a thermal camera and attached is the thermal image. System is balanced, there doesn't seem to be air coming out of the bleeding valve and was...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock