Discuss Some people!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would all be happy going to the merchants knowing your not getting a good deal & the customer can buy materials for the same rate as you!

Happens all to often. Some non trades people seem to be able to get same deals if not better than us in the trade. The merchants are not our friends, their in it for sales.

Happens all to often. Some non trades people seem to be able to get same deals if not better than us in the trade. The merchants are not our friends, their in it for sales.

Aint it the truth?

There's no doubt the internet is a wonderful thing,but it doesn't help our profit margins.

Sign of the times I guess:(

i think you just have to gauge the market as to what you can charge. and how desperate you need to pay the mortgage. but doing work at a silly prices will only hurt yourself and other plumbers/ gas engineers in the long run, after all people will expect that price all the time. we need to protect our market. At the end of the day we could all beat BG's prices for boiler changes it's the rogue traders that do the most damage. have recently been getting enquiries from builders asking me to commision boilers. i do point out this is illegal they cut me off. next time i'm gonna get the address and report the installtion to HSE. problem is there will be engineers that will go out and commision them.
it also seems strange to me that you don't have to be gas safe registered to buy a boiler. i don't think it would be rocket science to set up a system to restrict boilers to gas registered businesses. this would go a long way to helping our trade and getting of the rogue's and justify the huge overheads we have to fork out.

right rant over

Sorry to rain on your parade here guys but i know loads of registered engineers who would install a boiler for ÂŁ250 labour only

i cover devon/cornwall retirement home for plumbers /gas fitters here .
once you start charging over ÂŁ400 for labour on boiler change you just as well sit at home all day as will never get work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some people!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All. I have an issue with a boiler in a small flat I purchased that has very old vented system boiler currently fitted. Both boiler and water...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Okay. Long storey but, I'll try & keep it as short as possible. We are buying a house that is in a little rural village so no gas. A guy...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock