Search the forum,

Discuss Some help for someone who hasn't a clue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sssssiiiiimon

Hi guys

Firstly I would like to thank anyone who gives any feedback whatsoever and say that I have searched for a solution for days and have found nothing. Well nothing that makes sense to me.
I have attached pictures to help out here.

I live in an apartment which has underfloor heating. It is powered by a sunvic unit. There are 2 thermostats on the walls one in our sittingroom and one in the bedroom.

Previously all I would do is press the +1 or set a time on the select xl unit and voila the heating would come on. AFAIK the select xl unit powers the other unit (I've no idea what this unit is called) the other unit is the one hooked up to the rf thermostat controls on the walls.

Problem is the batteries died over the summer and typically I didn't replace them in time. I know dumb move.

Now there thermostats don't send the signal to the large unit to tell it what temperature to fire up to and I've no heating.

My question is does anyone know or can point me in the direction to where I can have my rf thermostats talk to my heating unit.

I hope that makes some sense.

https://i.imgsafe.org/7b822dc05a.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/7b82435c70.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/7b8293e14e.jpg

I go round to an old dears house every October to re-pair her Sunvic RF thermostat after she has changed the battery. It's a proper pain in the neck to do.
It's a different one to the one you have, this one just has 'test' and 'install' on the reciever and conbinations of lights tell you what stage of the pairing process you are up to (nightmare!).
If Darren knows yours and it's as easy as he says then Sunvic are going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some help for someone who hasn't a clue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
I have one of the attached heating coil unit (fan assisted) installed in my lounge. The Lounge is about 650sq.ft so instead of radiator we installed one of these. It works quite well, the unit's is one of the last in circuit and its valves are fully open, there's no thermostat installed with...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock